Certificate of Registration Queensland
Property Services Training Package CPP07
To work in the real estate industry in Queensland, individuals must successfully complete the seven (7) Units of Competency required to become either a salesperson or property manager.
This process first involves gaining a Statement of Attainment for a Certificate of Registration. On successful completion of this course, you can work in Queensland under a licenced agent as a:
- Real Estate Salesperson or
- Property Manager
People working in administration or corporate support roles can also complete the certificate training program, to gain general insight into the industry. However, it is not a regulatory requirement to hold the Certificate of Registration to undertake these administrative roles.
To obtain a Registration Certificate you will be required to:
- Successfully complete the Certificate of Registration Course which involves the study of seven (7) nationally recognised Units of Competency and be awarded with a Statement of Attainment and
- Complete and submit your registration certificate application (known as a New registration application Form 3-1) to the Queensland Office of Fair Trading.
The seven (7) Units of Competency required to obtain the necessary skill set to make an application for your Registration in Queensland are taken from the Nationally Recognised Qualification CPP40307 ~ Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate).
CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
CPPDSM4009 Interpret legislation to complete work in the property industry
CPPDSM4010A Lease property
CPPDSM4012A List property for sale
CPPDSM4015B Minimise agency and consumer risk
CPPDSM4022A Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
The Property Occupations Act 2014 (QLD) requires all people undertaking the functions of a salesperson or property manager in Queensland to have a Registration Certificate.
In addition to Queensland Property Services qualifications, the Australian College of Professionals is approved to conduct the prescribed Agents Representative course for Victoria as well as the Certificate of Registration qualifications for NSW.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Complete our online enrolment form HERE.
If you enrol and pay at the same time, you will receive instant access to commence your study through the online Student Portal. Alternatively, you may still enrol and request an invoice and once you have paid the invoice, your online access will be sent to you.
Please ensure that you enrol with a unique email address. If the email address you provide is already in use by another person (for example, a colleague), the system will not be able to create your own Student Portal login.
This course is only offered online.
You will be provided with a username and password to access your course through our online Student Portal system.
It is important to ensure that you store your login details safely as you can log in and out of your portal at any time.
Please note that although our online training portal is compatible with mobile phones, some of the assessment activities relating to the completion of forms can only be accessed through the Adobe Reader Program, which means that you will be required to complete these aspects of your training using a computer, laptop or tablet.
Hard-copy versions of the online content are available for purchase. If you would like a hard copy of the course content posted to you, this can be organised at a cost of $66 inc GST per course.
You will be given 2 months to complete this course.
There are no educational entry requirements in order to undertake the training course, however, in order to apply for a Salesperson Certificate through Queensland Fair Trading, you must meet all of their criteria. These are:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You have the appropriate educational qualifications (this is what you obtain after successful completion of this training program)
- You are not a disqualified person – Queensland Fair Trading conducts a police check and they are looking for any conviction in the past ten (10) years. A conviction does not necessarily disqualify you it depends on what the conviction was for. If you have a past conviction, it would be advisable to discuss this with us prior to enrolling in the course
- You are a fit and proper person of good fame and character
If you are struggling with your Certificate of Registration – Queensland course or wish to clarify any issues, you can contact us during business hours and we will arrange for you to speak with a trainer/assessor as soon as practicable. We also encourage you to email your queries to us at email@example.com prior to our trainer’s call so that we can organise the most appropriate trainer to contact you
At the conclusion of the training course and the successful completion of all assessment tasks, you will have achieved:
- Statement of Attainment in the seven Units of Competency
- The Australian College of Professionals will provide you with the necessary documentation in order for you to register with Queensland Government Fair Trading for a Salesperson Certificate, which will give you the authority to work in the property industry
N.B. The cost of this registration is not included in your course fee
“After completing my course I felt very confident to go put it all into practice. Rosemary was so helpful and extremely knowledgable. Thank you again ACOP”
“It was an absolute pleasure to undertake the ACOP Property Management course (Certificate of Registration – Queensland). The technical support was proactive and interactive dealing with actual people locally. Thank you ACOP for making this a pleasant experience!”
“I had a fantastic experience with ACOP. I couldn’t recommend them more highly”