Smart & Skilled Programs Available
- ZERO dollar enrolment fee
- Must be employed in the industry and signed up to the traineeship program within 3 months of being employed full-time or 12 months if employed part-time
- The possibility for an employer incentive up to $4,000
- ZERO dollar enrolment fee for a module with ACOP
- A short training program consisting of Units of Competency selected from Training Package qualifications.
- This is not a full qualification, however, once completed, you may be able to make an application for an additional module towards your full qualification
Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Further information can be found on the Smart & Skilled Website or by ringing 1300 772 104.
Notification & Eligibility Process
A prospective student of the Smart and Skilled program should meet the following criteria, which are:
- 15 years old or over?
- no longer at school?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you are eligible to enquire for government-subsidised courses with ACOP.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
If you are a student studying nationally-recognised training at a Registered Training Organisation like the Australian College of Professionals (ACOP) you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier from 1st January 2015. The USI will give you ongoing access to your records and results, so they are always available if you choose to enrol in further training or need to show a future employer. Please see our USI information page.
If you do not qualify for Smart and Skilled, you can still train with the Australian College of Professionals. Contact us for information by phoning the Australian College of Professionals on 1300 88 48 10
Alternative Types of Government Funded Programs
The Australian College of Professionals is a Centrelink Approved provider of the following training courses:
- Certificate of Registration (Real Estate/ Stock & Station) – (NSW)
- Certificate of Registration (Strata) – (NSW)
- Agents Representative – (VIC)
- CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice – Real Estate Licence
- CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice – Stock & Station Licence
- CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice – Dual Real Estate and Stock & Station Licence
- CPP40516 Certificate IV in Strata Community Management
- CPP50307 Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management)
This is great news for individuals who will be eligible to receive funding for training through the Australian Government. Individuals are encouraged to contact their Job Services Provider (JSP) directly to assess their eligibility in receiving government training funding. Funding options that are currently available include:
- Training and Learning Bonus
- Education Entry Supplement
- Training Supplement Fortnightly Payment
The College provides Centrelink-approved courses that job-seekers looking to enter the workforce may complete as part of their Employment Pathway Plan (EPP). Your Job Services Provider will determine whether you are eligible for funding to complete any of the above courses.
To check your eligibility
- Download the course brochure for the course you wish to complete
- Take the course brochure to your Job Services Provider (JSP)
- Please quote the College’s Approved Provider Number: 2R001
- Select the course date and venue you would like to attend
- You or your JSP will need to complete an online Enrolment Form (a tax invoice will be emailed on receipt of the Enrolment Form)
- Your JSP will need to provide a Purchase Order or full payment prior to the commencement of any training
- Once payment has been received, you and your JSP will receive confirmation of your enrolment via email.
IMPORTANT: You will need to contact your Job Services Provider to check your eligibility for funding. The Australian College of Professionals are unable to assess your eligibility.
Verto’s skills checkpoint can help students access up to $2,200 to fund suitable education and training options
To participate you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident aged 45 to 70 years old, who is either:
- employed and at risk of entering the income support system (e.g. those in industries undergoing structural adjustment); or
- unemployed for no more than three consecutive months and not registered for assistance through an employment services program, such as jobactive.
The Skills Checkpoint Program is an initiative of the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business. Skills Checkpoint is available through VERTO in NSW, VIC and the ACT.
To see if you are eligible to access this funding, you will need to contact Verto directly. The College is unable to assess your eligibility for this type of funding. The College is simply the Registered Training Organisation (RTO), who will deliver the training. This funding cannot be used in conjunction with any other type of government-funded programs. Please contact Verto directly to confirm your eligibility https://www.verto.org.au/what-we-do/skills-checkpoint
If you wish to discuss your government-subsidised training options in more detail, and compare the various programs available, please contact our College.
Please note that ACOP has exhausted all Smart & Skilled Targeted Priorities (full qualification) for this financial year